Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a FABULOUS recipe for beef enchiladas! I got this recipe from my stepmom several years ago...and my family just loves them! I usually serve them with Mexican rice and a salad! This makes a big batch so there are always leftovers! Enjoy!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 10 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 (8 ounce) monterey jack cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- Brown meat with onions. Drain fat.
- Roll meat, cheese and onions in tortillas. (I use one bag to roll and one to top!).
- To make sauce: Melt butter.
- Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Add sour cream.
- Slowly add chicken broth and taco seasoning.
- Stir until thick and pour over enchiladas.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove and add top layer of cheese.
- Bake for 5 more minutes.
Love this recipe! The sauce is great, much better than the cream of chicken soup type.
FABULOUS really is the correct work to describe these. Great flavor and my DH says this is one of his favorite dishes now. Did use Taco Bell Taco Seasoning Clone (105993). Thanks slkendrick for sharing such a YUMMY recipe.