1/1 Photo of Beef Enchiladas
This is one of my favourite recipes. My friends ask me to make this for them and I have been asked for the recipe many times. I have never tried a restaurant Enchilada that I have liked as much as this recipe, so I have stopped ordering them when I go out. When I get the craving I just make up a batch. They freeze well too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, Shredded
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup green onion, Chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, Drained
- 3 tablespoons instant beef bouillon
- 1 (24 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup green pepper, Chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 -10 tortillas
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F
- 2Brown meat and pour off fat.
- 3Let mixture cool a bit before adding the following ingredients: Stir in 1 cup of the cheese, sour cream, green onions, and half of the can of chillies, then add 1 tablespoons bouillon.
- 4Set meat mixture aside.
- 5In a medium saucepan combine tomato sauce, remaining chillies, green pepper, and remaining 2 tablespoons bouillon, chilli powder, sugar, and cumin.
- 6Simmer sauce for at least 10 minutes.
- 7Soften Tortillas according to package. (Brush with Butter, wrap in tin foil, and heat in the oven or microwave).
- 8Fill each with meat mixture and roll up folding ends in towards the middle.
- 9Top with tomato sauce and cover baking dish with tin foil.
- 10Cook for 20 Minutes at 325°F
- 11Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes.
- 12Note: This recipe will make 8-10 Enchiladas depending on how full you roll the tortillas, and the whether you went with the 8" or 10" tortilla shell. I have tried this recipe with corn, flour and whole wheat tortillas all with success.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.5
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 1116.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 29.1 g