Recipe by Abi Fae
I wanted to put together a soup for a small group of people and this just kind of came together.
Top Review by LiaCN
Absolutely delicious!! I wish I were creative at coming up with recipes , but I'm not. So I have to rely on people like you to make my belly happy! LOL This soup is wonderful! I made1 change. It was just the omission of green pepper. We don't eat them. For the beef I used leftover roast beef that needed something done with it. Since my meat was already cooked , I did this on the stove top and of course , it didn't take as long. I like that it can be done on the stove top though because a lot of times I have leftover meat that needs used and this is a great way to use it! I had a bit of difficulty getting the cream cheese incorporated into the soup , but that was minor. Thanks so much for a delicious new soup for my recipe box!! It will definitely be a repeater!!
- 2 lbs beef, cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil and add garlic, onion, bell peppers, and jalapeno.
- Saute until onions are clear.
- Place beef in crock pot with enchilada sauce and beef broth. Add sauteed vegetables.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours (on high if steak is frozen). Add herbs, pepper, and tomatoes. Add cream cheese and pepper jack cheese. Cook on low for one hour.
- Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.