I wanted to put together a soup for a small group of people and this just kind of came together.
Make and share this Beef Enchilada Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs beef, cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- Heat olive oil and add garlic, onion, bell peppers, and jalapeno.
- Saute until onions are clear.
- Place beef in crock pot with enchilada sauce and beef broth. Add sauteed vegetables.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours (on high if steak is frozen). Add herbs, pepper, and tomatoes. Add cream cheese and pepper jack cheese. Cook on low for one hour.
- Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.