1 hr 30 mins
Eddie Shipman's Note:
Like my Tortilla Soup II recipe but modified for people that like beef instead. Personally, I like the chicken version much better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces carrots, diced
- 8 ounces celery
- 8 ounces onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 4 (15 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4-1 1/2 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (10 count) package corn tortillas, cut into small pieces
- 12 ounces shredded beef brisket (or shredded grilled beef fajita meat)
- 1 cup milk
- corn tortilla chips, broken into small pieces
- 1Saute carrots, onions, celery in corn oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper until tender.
- 2Add beef broth and bring to boil.
- 3Add tomatoes, Rotel, taco seasoning, and shredded beef.
- 4Cut tortillas into small pieces and add to broth mixture.
- 5Let boil for 20 minutes or until tortillas are thoroughly incorporated into soup, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for additional 10 minutes.
- 7Add milk and simmer for additional 10 minutes.
- 8If thicker soup is desired, add more diced tortillas and let incorporate into soup.
- 9Garnish with shredded cheese and broken tortilla chips.
- 10Substitutions: 1 cup Masa Harina (masa flour) for 1 12 ct package of yellow corn tortillas. Gradually add masa flour mixing into broth. If thicker soup is desired, add more masa flour.
- 11Can also add two seeded/sliced jalapeños and one sprig of fresh cilantro.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Enchilada Soup
Serving Size: 1 (667 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.2
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 2685.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 22.6 g