Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Kathy, spoke person for the GT Xpress Machine, sure comes up with some good recipes. Can't wait to try this one next.
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, cut in half (makes 2 empanadas)
- 236.59 ml cooked ground beef (season with chili powder or some Taco Bell seasoning & some diced onions & S&P)
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- jarred chopped jalapenos (a sprinkle per empanada) or canned green chili pepper (a sprinkle per empanada)
- Preheat your GT Xpress.
- Re-heat or cook your beef.
- You will have two half moon shapes of crust. Divide your jalapenos or chiles, cheese, & beef onto each crust, but pile it all on one half on each half moon.
- Pull the crust on top over the filling side & crimp edges with a fork or by tucking and folding edges.
- Poke the top of each pastry once with a fork to vent.
- Spray wells with Pam or cooking spray. Cook 15 min., flip over (carefully) and cook another 5 minute.
- Serve with salsa or taco sauce & sour cream, if desired.