Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Kathy, spoke person for the GT Xpress Machine, sure comes up with some good recipes. Can't wait to try this one next.
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, cut in half (makes 2 empanadas)
- 1 cup cooked ground beef (season with chili powder or some Taco Bell seasoning & some diced onions & S&P)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- jarred chopped jalapenos (a sprinkle per empanada) or canned green chili pepper (a sprinkle per empanada)
- Preheat your GT Xpress.
- Re-heat or cook your beef.
- You will have two half moon shapes of crust. Divide your jalapenos or chiles, cheese, & beef onto each crust, but pile it all on one half on each half moon.
- Pull the crust on top over the filling side & crimp edges with a fork or by tucking and folding edges.
- Poke the top of each pastry once with a fork to vent.
- Spray wells with Pam or cooking spray. Cook 15 min., flip over (carefully) and cook another 5 minute.
- Serve with salsa or taco sauce & sour cream, if desired.