Recipe by Super Duper Cooper!
In my country, Dominican Republic, these are made for special occasions and are absolutely delicious.
- 2 discos
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1⁄4 bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon goya adobo seasoning
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost package of discos para empandas.
- Season ground beef with pepper and goya adobo seasoning, cook with onions, garlic, and bell pepper until brown.
- Place 1 teaspoon of beef in center of disc, wet disc around the edges with water and fold over like a taco.
- Once folded over go around the edge of the empanada with fork to seal it.
- Place enough oil to cover a couple of empanadas in a pot and heat to high temperature.
- Fry empanadas until golden and let cool.