Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
From American Profile magazine in our local town newspaper.
- 1⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 cup shopped kalamata olive
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon brandy (or Sherry)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- In large nonstick saute ground beef, onion and garlic 5 minutes. Add all other ingredients except puff pastry dough and egg. Cook 1 minute.
- Scrape mixture into food processor and pulse until mixture holds together.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll and cut pastry dough into 16 (3 inch) squares. Divide filling evenly among squares; fold over and pinch to seal. Place on a baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg and bake 17 minutes.