1/1 Photo of Beef Embutido With Peach Sauce #RSC
1 hr 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Embutido is a Filipino counterpart of meat loaf, although meat roll is more accurate. The dish originally calls for ground pork as its main ingredient, but I decided to use ground beef as a substitute. The result is a much richer and flavorful dish that pairs well with the Peach Sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup carrot, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, small diced
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (may use bread crumbs)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 2 hot dogs, sliced horizontally
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- Reynolds Wrap Foil, 3-4 cut pieces, about 12 inches
- 1Beef Embutido.
- 21. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 32. In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, carrots, onion, red bell pepper, tomato sauce, cheese, pickle relish, garlic, panko, eggs, salt and pepper.
- 43. Mix well.
- 54. Place the Reynold's Wrap Foil on a flat surface. Spray with non-stick spray.
- 65. Place the meat mixture on the foil and flatten, about 1/2 inch thick. Make sure you have enough space on the sides for sealing.
- 76. Place the sliced hotdog and quartered hard boiled egg in the middle of the meat mixture (forming a line).
- 87. Grab one end of the foil and fold over towards the middle covering the hotdog and egg. Press down gently to pack in the meat.
- 98. Grab the other end of the foil and fold again towards the center, forming a cylinder. Try to make your "meat roll" as compact as possible.
- 109. Grab the two ends of the cylinder and give it a twist to seal.
- 1110. Do the same for the rest of the meat mixture.
- 1211. Place the meat roll on a shallow baking pan.
- 1312. Bake in the oven for 1 - 1 1/2 hours, depending on how thick the meat rolls are.
- 1413. You can take one meat roll out and open it carefully to check for doneness, or you can use a meat thermometer (160 degrees F).
- 1514. Slice diagonally to serve. About 1/2 inch.
- 16Peach Sauce.
- 171. In a small sauce pan, bring 1 cup of water to a simmer.
- 182. Add sugar while stirring till dissolved.
- 193. Add in peaches, honey, lemon juice, and salt. Stir to coat peaches.
- 204. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 215. Remove from heat and transfer to a food processor or blender (you can also mash the peaches for chunkier sauce).
- 226. Pulse till smooth.
- 237. Add parsley and mix.
- 248. Drizzle some of the sauce on the Embutido. Place the rest of the Peach Sauce in a bowl for extra sauce.
- 25Serve with rice and your choice of vegetables.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Embutido With Peach Sauce #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 842.0
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 372.9 mg
- Sodium 850.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 48.7 g
- Protein 49.5 g