1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
STK FD WIFE, A.TITUS's Note:
Super tasty and easy to make. You can use regular beef, elk or deer. I use elk meat. Simmering the meat for an hour makes the meat super tender. You can serve this with either rice or noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 green onions, sliced (white parts only)
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ground black pepper
- 1Remove any fat and gristle from the roast and cut into strips 1/2 inch thick by 2 inches long.
- 2Season with 1/2 teaspoon of both salt and pepper.
- 3In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and brown the beef strips and then remove from pan.
- 4Add onions and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, then remove from pan. If there are any juices in the container holding the beef, pour juices back into pan.
- 5Slowly add flour to the juices and stir.
- 6Slowly add beef broth to flour and stir until no longer chunky.
- 7Bring sauce to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 8Lower the heat and return beef and obions to the pan and stir in mustard.
- 9Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- 10Reduce temperature to low heat and add sliced mushrooms and worchestershire sauce.
- 11Add block of cream cheese and cook with lid on for 15 minutes or until
- 12cheese is melted.
- 13Five minutes before serving, stir in the sour cream.
Browse Our Top Wild Game Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Wild Game Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef, Elk or Deer Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.8
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 176.7 mg
- Sodium 1100.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 37.5 g