Recipe by Heather N.
Affectionately coined "Debbie's Casserole" in our household. Named after a family friend from church named Debbie N. This was a staple in our house and didn't last very long. My father in particular loved this recipe.
Top Review by Susan S.
I made this for supper tonight and it was a hit! I did substitute Rotel for the tomato sauce per the suggestion of another reviewer. I put the Rotel in the food processor so it would be smooth instead of chunky. Will definitely make this again!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 -6 slices Velveeta cheese (any sliced cheese will work)
- elbow macaroni noodles (I use approximately 3/4 of a box)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef with diced onion, salt, pepper & garlic salt.
- Cook Elbow macaroni until tender, drain and mix sour cream & noodles (only) together.
- Once noodles are coated with sour cream.
- Combine beef with tomato sauce and place 1/2 of mixture in a 8x10 dish.
- Add a layer of noodles and top with 2 slices of cheese.
- Repeat this once more, topping casserole with remaining cheese slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.