Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Affectionately coined "Debbie's Casserole" in our household. Named after a family friend from church named Debbie N. This was a staple in our house and didn't last very long. My father in particular loved this recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 -6 slices Velveeta cheese (any sliced cheese will work)
- elbow macaroni noodles (I use approximately 3/4 of a box)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef with diced onion, salt, pepper & garlic salt.
- Cook Elbow macaroni until tender, drain and mix sour cream & noodles (only) together.
- Once noodles are coated with sour cream.
- Combine beef with tomato sauce and place 1/2 of mixture in a 8x10 dish.
- Add a layer of noodles and top with 2 slices of cheese.
- Repeat this once more, topping casserole with remaining cheese slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
This is great. add a little more tomato sauce(spicy) and sour cream. It tasted fantastic. Having a teenager this is a great casserole that fills him up
I've given this recipe 5 stars because it serves as a good base, but we did feel that it begged for something to spice it up a bit. Don't get me wrong - it's tasty as is, we just felt that it needed 'something' more. I will definitely make it again and will try adding some Ro-Tel, crushed red pepper flakes, or diced green chilis. Thank you for a nice recipe, HeathersArk!
Wasn't sure this was going to taste great, but turned out fabulous! I think it needs more sour cream and tomato sauce, but otherwise it tasted great and was very filling!