Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
My mother in law gave me this recipe, we love em. They take awhile to make but they freeze great. Whenever you want some just pull a few out and deep fry.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped water chestnut
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded carrot
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 egg roll wraps (Spring roll pastry)
- oil (for frying)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, add ground beef and mix well.
- Cut wrappers into 4.
- Place a teaspoon of mixture into one corner of wrapper, fold over bringing in the two sides.
- Wet the top corner with some water and fold over.
- Deep fry for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
Hello! I am a Filipina.My husband doesnt eat much Fil Foods but everytime i'm making these eggroll,he likes to grab more than 5..lol! We actually called this "LUMPIA" pronounced as Lomp-ya.:)
Yes, these were just delicious! I used half ground beef and half ground pork with a little fresh garlic mixed in, and doubled the recipe. I served them with plum sauce. We just loved them. Thanks so much for posting Leanne, wonderful recipe, I will be making these again very soon...Kittencal:)
The best eggrolls ever. My daughter wants the receipe too. I added 1 lb of hamburg and left the rest of the ingredients the same. It made 20 eggrolls.