Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my first post to zaar. Here's a really tasty recipe from my aunt Rose. What a winner!
Make and share this Beef Egg Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Saute garlic and ginger in oil til brown.
- Add onion and cabbage. Saute until the cabbage is wilted.
- Add mixture to the raw meat, carrots, soy sauce, pepper, and 2 eggs.
- Make an egg wash with the remaining egg. Brush the edges of the egg roll wrapper.
- Put 2T of the filling in the wrapper. Roll up and fry at 375 degrees til brown.
Hey Cruby, I looked and searched for an egg roll recipe and finally settled on three of them of which yours was one of them and the first one to be made. Happy happy, never tried the other two as this is a very basic recipe which lends it's self to changes very easily. Now if I can just find a good sweet and sour sauce and or plum sauce to go with it, I will have it made, shall continue my quest. Thanks so much for sharing, into the keeper file it goes.....Lee
This tasted good, but I had a very hard time with the oil. It was either too hot and the eggrolls turned black in 30 seconds, or it was too cool and they turned greasy. I got it right in the end, though
Modified this a bit but very happy because the basic recipe worked so well. I did scale it back for about 6. I omitted the ginger (out) and eggs (honestly forgot them). I also was trying to use some ground chicken breast so out with the beef. I cooked the chicken completely as crumbles seasoned with salt and pepper. Tossed it with the sauteed veggies and made the rolls which I sealed with water. Very happy with end result.