Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Comes from the Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomato, egg salt and pepper; mix well.
- Roll out pastry into an 18x9-inch rectangle; cut into 3 inch squares.
- Place a rounded tablespoonful of filling in center of each square.
- Fold in half, forming triangles; crimp edges to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.