Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband found this on a beef website and he made it, to much meat for me but he loved it.
Make and share this Beef Eater's Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil, separated
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese, separated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small green bell peppers or 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoons dry madeira wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 prepared pre-baked prepared pizza crust (12 inch)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or consult pizza shell package instructions).
- Cut sirloin steak into 1/8" thick, 2" long slices.
- Combine pepper and 1 tbsp.
- of the olive oil.
- Pour over sirloin strips and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in heavy skillet.
- Sear meat and vegetables in garlic-flavored oil.
- Remove and reserve.
- De-glaze skillet with beef broth and wine.
- Reduce to approximately 4 tbsps.
- or until thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Return meat and vegetable to liquid.
- Mix and set aside to soak.
- Beat 2 ounces Roquefort cheese and butter in small bowl until smooth.
- Spread over pizza shell.
- Spoon meat and vegetable mixture over bottom of pizza and top with remaining 2 ounces cheese and parsley.
- Bake in oven 10 to 15 minutes or according to pizza shell package instructions.
- There are many prepared pizza shells in the grocery store today.
- Pick your favorite and follow baking directions on the package.
- Round tip, shoulder steak or shredded beef can be substituted.