Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Beef with dried fruit is one of my favorite flavor combinations. This is a good recipe for Passover, but is perfect all year round.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped (cilantro)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 35 small dried apricots
- chicken broth or beef broth
- Mix the ground beef with the pepper, salt, garlic, coriander and onion.
- Add the egg and mix well until a smooth"dough" is formed.
- Wet your hands with some water or oil.
- Form small balls with the meat.
- Insert one small apricot into each ball and make sure the meat envelopes the apricot entirely, so it is hidden in the center.
- Toss the balls into the boiling broth and cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve in your favorite soup or in a stew.
Yummy! This recipe is a good reason to make homemade meatballs instead of buying them at the store.