Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is so simple, especially since it is cooked in a slow cooker!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck or 2 1⁄2 lbs blade roast
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 kaiser rolls
- Put roast in a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Add enough boiling water so it is halfway up sides of roast. Cover.
- Cook on Low for 7-9 hours or on High for 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours.
- Remove the roast and strain the beef juice. Skim off any fat.
- Add water to the beef juice, if needed, to make 3 cups.
- Add bouillon powder, onion, powder, salt and pepper to the beef juice. Stir together.
- Slice beef thinly.
- Place sliced meat into each bun.
- Serve beef juice in small individual bowls for dipping.