Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is so simple, but the results are a great tasting meal.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 large potatoes, pared and thinly sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups corn flakes, crushed
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Cook and stir meat and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender; add broth; heat to boiling; reduce heat and cover and simmer 1 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F; pour meat mixture into ungreased baking dish (13x9x2-inch).
- Arrange potato slices on meat; stir together soup, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper; pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cereal.
- Bake uncovered 1 1/2 hrs or until potatoes and meat are tender.
Delish. I cut up a chuck roast and did everything else by recipe, very little work.
This was tasty as all get out. Hubby went and got a spoon and finished off the gravy. I would have used an extra potato just to soak up the juice. I did throw in a can of peas, drained, just to add a veggie factor.