Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A tasty casserole using a cheap cut of meat.
- 1 kg beef chuck steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (425 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 125 ml cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- Cut beef into 3cm pieces.
- Heat oil in large pan and add beef in batches, cook stirring, until browned.
- Return beef and any juices to pan and add garlic and onion, cook, stirring until onion is soft.
- Add undrained crushed tomatoes, stock and sauce and simmer covered about 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with pasta and extra chopped parsley.
very nice tasty dish using a lesser cut of beef. i loved the flavor of the sauce, the cream and brandy are what make it in the end.