Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Taken from Margeret Fulton's book of Indian Cooking for Zaar World Tour
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 1⁄2 cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 750 g stewing beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 375 g potatoes
- 4 green chilies
- Heal the oil in a large pan and add the onions, frying until lightly coloured.
- Add the garlic, chilli powder, cumin, coriander and ginger and cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; if the mixture becomes dry, add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Add the beef and cook, stirring, until browned all over. Add the tomato puree, salt to taste and just enough water to cover the meat; stir very well.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 1 hour or until the meat is almost tender. Add the potatoes and whole chillies and simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
rats wrong one be back750 beef is 1 lb 10 oz
375 g potatoes are 3/4 lb
i think the onions are the smaller ones will make this later dee