This is a very hearty stir-fry. Serve over rice or noodles.
Make and share this Beef Curry Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, cut into pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- Mix the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and 2 T oil.
- Add beef; toss to coat.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- In wok (or lg skillet) heat remaining oil.
- Stir-fry beef over med heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove beef and set aside.
- Stir-fry onion for 1 minute.
- Add peppers and celery; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Return beef to wok.
- Mix water, cornstarch and curry until smooth.
- Add to wok, bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.