This is a very hearty stir-fry. Serve over rice or noodles.
Make and share this Beef Curry Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, cut into pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- Mix the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and 2 T oil.
- Add beef; toss to coat.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- In wok (or lg skillet) heat remaining oil.
- Stir-fry beef over med heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove beef and set aside.
- Stir-fry onion for 1 minute.
- Add peppers and celery; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Return beef to wok.
- Mix water, cornstarch and curry until smooth.
- Add to wok, bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
Easy to follow steps, Quick to make and a great presentation with the multi colored peppers The flavor is wonderful. I chopped the veggies ahead of time, sliced the meat refrigerated them Just before dinner out came the wok and in under 10 minutes dinner was on the table. I cut the recipes in half and used only 1 3/4 tsp cornstarch with 1/2 cup water.The amount of curry is just right - it gives flavor but does not overpower. Thanks Inez for a very tasty meal
I thought this dish was good. To me, it is more like a Pepper Steak Stir-Fry.
I was disappointed with this because it was very bland. It didn't taste bad, it just only tasted of meat and vegetables. I added the meat marinade in with the dish rather than draining the meat. The directions didn't say. This resulted in the meat being a bit "boiled."