Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
South African flavors in a hearty beef soup.
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 potatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Coat beef and onions in flour and brown in butter in a large pot.
- Add beef broth, curry powder, and bay leaves. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes, vinegar, and salt. Simmer for another 60 minutes.
- Serve over rice if desired.
Have made this twice now. Very nice!!!! It's a keeper.
Yummy! I couldn't believe how wonderful this smelled when cooking. I couldn't believe I made it....it smelled like an Indian restaurant in my house! My husband and I really enjoyed. The next time I make (which will be soon) I am going to throw some frozen peas in it! Thanks for the great recipe.
This was a really nice soup! I liked that it did not involve a lot of prep and was easy to make. The only modification I made was to dice my potatoes. My curry powder was a little on the hot side as I did not have a mild curry on hand. It still worked very well in the dish. Thanks, Slatts!