Recipe by Frank Bylard
Beef Curry for Slow Cooker This came from the Ronson Slow Cooker instruction manual. I found it was very simple to prepare & very tasty. I like it.
Top Review by LeanneF
Fantastic recipe Frank! I have made this several times and thought it was about time I rated it! The flavours are wonderful in this curry and not at all overpowering. I always half the recipe and it always turns out delicious. Definitely a keeper, so thanks a bunch for posting mate!
- 2 kg blade steaks or 2 kg chuck steaks
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup curry powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 pieces fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 slices fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup beef stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into 2.
- 5 cm cubes, dredge in the flour mixed with the curry powder.
- Lightly brown the meat in a pan with the oil and onions.
- Place in the Slow Cooker and add all other ingredients.
- Mix well, cover and cook on 1 (Low) for 8-9 hours, or 2 (High) for 4 hours, or (Auto) for 6-7 hours.
- Serve with fluffy steamed rice.