1/4 Photos of Beef Curry for Crock Pot
4 hrs 30 mins
This yields a mild curried beef dish that is satisfyingly chunky and roast-like. Don't be put off by the seemingly large amount of curry powder, the long cook time yields a surprisingly subtle curry flavor and the sweetness of the vegetables balances it nicely. This is not a soupy curry, it does not need to be served over rice. DH did not realize this was a crock pot dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour, salt and curry powder in a large ziptop bag.
- 2Add the cubed stew meat to the ziptop bag and shake to coat the meat.
- 3In a large skillet, heat 2 TB vegetable oil over medium heat. Remove the meat from the bag (shaking excess flour) and place it into the skillet. Brown on all sides.
- 4Turn the skillet off and move the browned meat to the crock pot.
- 5Turn the heat on the skillet back to low, and add the remaining vegetable oil and butter. Then dump the seasoned flour from the ziptop bag into the skillet. Stir to keep the flour from burning. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 6Pour the broth into the skillet and scrape all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Bring to a low simmer while stirring, and then turn the heat off.
- 7Add the vegetables to the crock pot on top of the meat.
- 8Pour the "gravy" from the skillet onto the top of the vegetables.
- 9Cook on LO for 4 to 6 hours.
- 10Garnish with a light dusting of curry powder and serve with mango chutney.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Curry for Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.9
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 966.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 30.7 g