Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
When i was young, my mom used to cook chicken on week days. Sunday's are special, after church we'll have goat curry with rice(yum). My mom's a great cook. In her younger days they had coal stove for cooking and the grinding stone for grinding masala. So she was happy with the modern gadgets by dad bought for her.I always wonder how she managed without a microwave!!! I'm living in a place where it's hard to find goat meat. So we switched to beef.I have a friend who is an expert in cooking beef. This is her recipe. I cooked this for so many occasions and it came out well every time.
- Cut the beef into bite size pieces. Chop the onion and green chillies grind the coconut.
- Make a paste of lemon juice, chilli powder and garam masala .
- Coat the beef with this masala and keep it aside.
- (The lemon juice in this mix will make the meat softer.).
- Heat oil in the pan, add chopped onion, sliced chilli, when the onion turns golden brown add the remaining 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, chilli powder and coriander leaves cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now add the masala coated beef to it and stir fry till the meat turns brown, reduce the flame, cover the pan. The meat will get cooked in the water it releases.
- When the meat gets cooked 3/4th percent check for salt.
- Add the ground coconut/coconut cream cook till the liquid evaporates and the meat becomes soft.
- Add the dried coconut pieces.
- Garnish it with mint or few sprigs of coriander leaves.