Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This stir-fry pleases the family that loves meat and potatoes. Add as much or as little curry powder as you like. This recipe came from The New Dieter's Cookbook from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 12 ounces beef top round steak
- 2 medium potatoes, halfved and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- nonstick spray coating
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green peppers or 3⁄4 cup sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Thinly slice beef into bite size strips.
- Set aside.
- Cook potatoes in lighly salted boiling water about 5 minues or until tender.
- Drain, set aside.
- For the sauce, stir together beef broth, cornstarch and salt.
- Spray an unheated wok or large skillet with nonstick coating.
- Preheat over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add sweet pepper and stir-fry about 2 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from pan.
- Add oil to hot pan.
- Add meat and curry powder.
- Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Push meat from center of wok.
- Stir sauce and add to center of wok.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in onion mixture, potatoes and tomato.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.