Kari Hinkens's Note:
This stir-fry pleases the family that loves meat and potatoes. Add as much or as little curry powder as you like. This recipe came from The New Dieter's Cookbook from Better Homes and Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces beef top round steak
- 2 medium potatoes, halfved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- nonstick spray coating
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green peppers or 3/4 cup sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1Thinly slice beef into bite size strips.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Cook potatoes in lighly salted boiling water about 5 minues or until tender.
- 4Drain, set aside.
- 5For the sauce, stir together beef broth, cornstarch and salt.
- 6Spray an unheated wok or large skillet with nonstick coating.
- 7Preheat over medium-high heat.
- 8Add onion and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- 9Add sweet pepper and stir-fry about 2 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
- 10Remove from pan.
- 11Add oil to hot pan.
- 12Add meat and curry powder.
- 13Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or to desired doneness.
- 14Push meat from center of wok.
- 15Stir sauce and add to center of wok.
- 16Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 17Stir in onion mixture, potatoes and tomato.
- 18Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Curry and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.9
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 270.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 21.7 g