Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made these for my family's dinner. My family really liked these. My 4 yrs old newphew really liked these. We thought they tasted so yummy. They were so easy to make and fast. When I made these I used store brand bread. I found it easier to cut the crust off my bread to fit them in my medium size muffin tin. I also used more Tabasco sauce. I found it's best to bake the muffin tin on a cookie sheet lined with foil as the cheese melts over. I got the recipe from Pinching Your Pennies.
- 12 slices sandwich bread (Wonder Bread)
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄4 lbs sausage
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, chopped (I'm using green onions)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter one side of each slice of Wonder Bread and press each slice butter-side down into the cups of a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, onion, cream of mushroom soup, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Add this point add the tabasco sauce if using -- turning up the heat.
- Fill each bread cup with the mixture. Sprinkle shredded Cheddar cheese over the tops.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
This was pretty good. It was easy to put together. I made a few modifications to suit our current situation. First, I used a shallow, rectangular baking dish as my muffin tins are packed. I buttered the bread and just put it all across the bottom so none of it was up the sides. I had to adjust the cooking time to the size of the pan. I used whole wheat bread and ground turkey. It was a bit wet. I think next time I will add another egg, and maybe brown the meat before adding it to the mixture for baking. I think next time it will be better. Thanks for sharing this! This was happily eaten by a couple pretty picky kids (they had seconds), though the other two extremely picky kids we're hard to convince to even taste it.