Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a crockpot recipe from a neighbor.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 12 -16 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Place beef cubes into crockpot. Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT egg noodles. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Just before beef is done, cook egg noodles according to package directions; drain. Use optional butter for the cooked noodles, if desired.
- Serve beef mixture over hot cooked noodles.
I followed the recipe without any substitutions or changes. It was good (a little on the bland side) but nothing special.
We loved this. I served it with brown rice instead of the noodles since we are noodled out and it went very well together. I also left out the onion and used an Italian herbal blend rather than the individual herbs. Everyone from the 5 year old to the husband loved this so I will be making it again. Thanks for posting it.