Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This rich and tender beef dish is delicious served over cooked noodles. Adapted from a recipe found at cooks.com
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 907.18 g lean stewing beef, cubed
- 35.43 g package onion soup mix
- 236.59 ml sherry wine
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 113.39 g sliced mushrooms
- Heat oil in heavy pot. Brown the beef cubes on all sides.
- Add soup mix, sherry, garlic salt, and mushrooms; stir well.
- Cover pot; simmer mixture at least 1 hour or until meat is tender to the fork. (Add an additional water or soup stock if needed.).
You couldn't ask for anything easier - only 6 ingredients that go together almost all at once! The result is a flavorful, tender stew-like meal that is packed with taste! The beef came out so tender. I used beef chuck cubes and 8 oz. of mushrooms, which I thought was actually the perfect ration of beef to mushrooms. I definitely did not need to add any more liquid and actually might have liked a more gravy-like consistency to the liquid. Perhaps next time, I will try to thicken it, but this was absolutely delicious served over some light egg noodles. Thank you for posting this great recipe! Made for ZWT 8.
Aussie Recipe Swap #69: This dish is tasty, simple and one that my entire family loved - thank you loof!