Recipe by Robs415
Courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis, with some changes. The key is the mayonnaise! Everyone commented on it. Make sure you use WATER PACKED peppers, as the oil-packed will make the mayonnaise runny. We made paninis the next day with the leftover meat, cheese, and mayonnaise.
- 1 baguette, cut into 36 1/2-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- garlic salt
- 2⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, in WATER, drained well and patted dry
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lb deli roast beef, rare and slice thin
- 1⁄2 lb havarti cheese
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Arrange the bread slices on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 3 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle garlic salt over all. Bake until pale golden and crisp, about 15 minutes. (You can make these a day ahead of time).
- 3. Blend the bell peppers and mayonnaise in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- 4. Spread the bell pepper mayonnaise over the crostini and top with the slice beef. Put a thin slice of cheese on top. Grind pepper on top of all.
- 5. Broil just until cheese is melted.