Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty beef pie suitable for company. Try additional spices to alter taste or add heat.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (fat free if desired)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon flour, with pepper added to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Brown beef and onion in frypan and drain off fat.
- Add all ingredients except crescent rolls.
- Stir and simmer gently for 5 minutes, do not boil.
- In an ungreased 9 inch pie pan arrange the eight crescent triangles in pan with narrow tips extending over pan about 2 inches.
- Press dough over pan to cover the bottom.
- Spoon meat mixture into crust evenly.
- Bring tips of triangles over filling to center of pie.
- Bake at 350°F for 11-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with additional sour cream if desired.
This was pretty good. Went well with potatoes Elizabeth. I added some jalapenos to the recipe to spice it up a bit and left out the sour cream. I cooked the meat mixture earlier in the afternoon but I don't recommend that because it dried it out too much. Thanks for the recipe