Recipe by davianng
Have made this several times over the years, very savory, but I have no idea where I got the recipe!
Top Review by bmassoudi
I've made this many times - and have also done a vegetarian version with veggie crumbles. Be sure to add 2 t of canola or other healthy oil to a non-stick pan when cooking the first ingredients. This recipe initially came to me from a set of recipe cards my mom received every month or so sometime in the 1970's.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup tomato juice or 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, 1/2 cup onion, green pepper and celery.
- Add frozen peas.
- Combine 1 T. flour, chili powder, 1 t. salt, and pepper; add to beef mixture.
- Combine tomato juice and Worcestershire sauce; add to beef mixture.
- Pour into 2-quart casserole.
- Combine all ingredients for Potato Puffs.
- Drop by serving-spoonfuls onto beef mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.