Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Have made this several times over the years, very savory, but I have no idea where I got the recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup tomato juice or 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Brown ground beef, 1/2 cup onion, green pepper and celery.
- Add frozen peas.
- Combine 1 T. flour, chili powder, 1 t. salt, and pepper; add to beef mixture.
- Combine tomato juice and Worcestershire sauce; add to beef mixture.
- Pour into 2-quart casserole.
- Combine all ingredients for Potato Puffs.
- Drop by serving-spoonfuls onto beef mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
I've made this many times - and have also done a vegetarian version with veggie crumbles. Be sure to add 2 t of canola or other healthy oil to a non-stick pan when cooking the first ingredients. This recipe initially came to me from a set of recipe cards my mom received every month or so sometime in the 1970's.
You know what makes me sad? That no one has yet made and reviewed this recipe. You should chug on over to my mamby pamby land and I'd be happy to share mine with you. You can't? Tissue? Made for PRMR.