Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 large red bell peppers or 4 large yellow bell peppers, cut lengthwise in half and seeded
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (5 7/8 ounce) packageolive oil and garlic-flavored couscous
- 2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives or 2 tablespoons ripe olives, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan, arrange bell peppers, cut-side down.
- Bake in 450 degree oven 10 to 15 minutes or until peppers begin to brown.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile in large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef and zucchini over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef up into 1/2-inch crumbles.
- Pour off drippings.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir water and seasonings packet from couscous mix into beef mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous; remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in olives.
- Spoon beef mixture evenly into each pepper half; sprinkle with cheese.