Recipe by Lorac
I just found this recipe! I can almost taste this combination of slow cooked ingredients - and I am drooling! Too bad you all have to wait until the recipe is posted.
Top Review by Three Kids Make Me Crazy
This was decent tasting, but a little runny as the others stated (and I did NOT add the water). Probably won't make it again though, as most crock pot recipes are just as simple.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in a heavy skillet and pour off excess fat.
- Add broth, pepper, olives, onion, garlic, cumin and thyme.
- Top with beef, cover and cook on low 4-5 hours until vegetables are tender.
- Add water to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous, remove from heat and cover.
- After 5 minutes, remove cover and stir with a fork.
- Spoon couscous on to individual plates and top with the beef mixture.