Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've seen chicken cordon bleu, but not beef. Found in "Ways to prepare meat 1978".
- 6 ounces steak fillets, cut to 1-inch thickness
- 3 ounces butter
- 2 ounces brandy
- 2 ounces mushrooms, sauteed
- 1 ounce bearnaise sauce
- 1 slice ham
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- Saute the fillet in butter to the right degree.
- Pour over the warmed brandy and flame.
- Top the steaks with mushrooms and Bearnaise Sauce.
- Add the ham then broil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese and broil until the cheese is melted.
Made this for dinner on Sunday. Maybe something got lost in translation, but this didn't come out the way I expected at all. It sounds good in theory. I used tavern ham on sale at my supermarket, maybe that was it???