Recipe by Sue Lau
Named not because it has the famous tomato sauce in it! Contadina is Italian for "Farmer's Wife" or "Country Woman".
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cube steaks, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs new potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored,seed,and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 red bell pepper, cored,seed,and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded,and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Season meat (to taste) with salt and pepper; saute meat in olive oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until brown on all sides; remove from skillet.
- Add potatoes to skillet and saute 1 minute; lower heat to medium-low; cook, turning often, for 7-8 minutes or until potatoes are browned.
- Stir in garlic, and saute 1 minute, adding 1 tbsp of olive oil if necessary.
- Stir in bell peppers and tomato chunks, cooking 5 minutes more, or until peppers are crisp-tender, and potatoes are done.
- Return meat to pan; sprinkle with herbs and toss to heat through; serve immediately.