Montana Heart Song's Note:
I have served this original recipe for over 40 years. Very simple recipe! My kids wanted it, so here it is. Served with baked country pork ribs, spareribs,chops or any meat that was cooked in the oven without the spice sauces. I usually had an apple cake in the oven at the same time because everything was the same temperature. I wanted the flavor of the noodles and the pork with just salt and pepper to come through. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 4-6 quarts water on stove to boil.
- 2Add dry noodes. Bring back to boil and cook 7 minutes.
- 3Drain. Do not rinse.
- 4Oven temperature 350*.
- 5In 9 X 13 glass pan, spray Pam or grease the pan.
- 6Add the consomme'.
- 7Rinse out the cans with the hot water.
- 8Add to the pan and stir.
- 9Add the butter or margarine and bay leaf.
- 10Add the precooked noodles and stir until all are covered in consome'.
- 11Cover the dish with foil.
- 12Bake 20 to 30 minutes.
- 13Stir twice while cooking.
- 14Serve right from the dish. Add salt and pepper and more margarine if you prefer.
- 15Note: Sometimes I added a cup of sliced onion with the noodles while cooking. Some like it that way.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Consomme' Egg Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.1
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 290.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g