I came up with this for our dinner tonight and DH said that it was excellent and that I needed to post it on that "recipe website" The meat is simmered with the onions and peppers which are then made into a gravy. You could also add mushrooms which I didn't due to an allergy. I did, however, saute some on the side for DH.
- Season meat with salt.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Coat with spray oil and add beef.
- Brown beef on both sides.
- Remove beef from skillet and add onions and peppers.
- Saute onions and peppers (and mushrooms, if using) about 3 minutes.
- Add beef broth to skillet.
- Return beef to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Remove beef to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Mix together water and cornstarch and add to skillet.
- Stir constantly until gravy is thickened.
- Pour gravy over meat and serve.
I saved it by adding tons of stuff which kinda of ruins the idea of a recipe. Bland. And I used the mushrooms and several different colors of peppers. I love potroasts of all kinds, but this needs a lot of work--bay leaf? worcestershire? thyme? garlic? something for flavor. Have to agree with a previous reviewer--very very plain.
This recipe was pretty good. However, I found that the steak was very plain. I would make this again, however, I would add some steak spice. I served this meal with rice.
Recipe as it stands is very bland. Thankfully I skimmed the reviews and made a number of modifications -- and turned out an excellent meal. GREAT WORK REVIEWERS! But this recipe by itself, very disappointing.