Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A favorite recipe in our family, simple to make for a change of pace casserole! I like to serve egg rolls on the side. Great leftovers too!
- 4 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced button mushroom (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup crunchy chow mein noodles (in the bag)
- 1⁄2 cup additional crunchy chow mein noodles
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown the meat.
- Saute veggies in the butter.
- Mix all together and add the can of soup, water and 1 cup of chow mein noodles.
- Put all in to a casserole dish (a deeper dish works better I have found).
- sprinkle extra noodles on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve with rice, delicious!
AWESOME! Serve with Rice Casserole!
Very tasty. I used 96% lean beef and 1 Tbsp butter to cut the calories in half. 1/2 cup butter is excessive (IMO). I am curious how this will taste with cream of celery...next time.
This is really good! only added water chestnuts and cashews just for our taste will make often Thank you for posting