Recipe by Gingerbear
This is a original recipe by Ri Le from a Restaurant here called Ri-Le Vietnamese Family Restaurant. Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by Steph.
This is a really good basic recipe which you can modify in any number of ways. Instead of using beef, I had leftover teriyaki pork that I needed to use, and it was great. I also used udon noodles instead of rice. Prep time takes a while, all that chopping and slicing, but once you're ready to start cooking, it's goes together fast and easy. Thanks, Gingerbear.
- 2 ounces beef sirloin or 2 ounces rump roast, trimmed of all fat and sliced thin
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce or 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 small mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced bamboo shoot
- 4 -5 snow peas, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup napa cabbage
- 2 -3 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sliced beef in a small bowl.
- Add dash of salt, dash of pepper and 1/2 tsp minced garlic.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine next 5 ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Heat skillet or wok over high heat.
- Stir-fry beef until cooked throughout.
- Add next 6 ingredients.
- Stir and shake pan constantly for 2-3 minutes more until vegetables just start to become aromatic.
- Blend in fish sauce mixture.
- Add onion, cabbage and oyster sauce.
- Continue to stir-fry approximately 1 minute or until crisp tender.
- Serve over hot rice.