Prep 45 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 8 ounces wide rice noodles, preferably brown-rice noodles
- 1⁄2 cup shao hsing rice wine or 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 4 teaspoons black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons canola oil or 4 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) bagfresh asian stir fry vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup water, divided
- 8 ounces sirloin steaks, cut into thin slices
- Fill a large wok with water and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook, stirring frequently, until just tender, 4-6 minutes or according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe the pan dry.
- Combine rice wine, black bean-garlic sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in the wok over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium; add ginger and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 1-3 minutes.
- Add vegetables and 1/4 cup water; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender-crisp, 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to the bowl with the noodles; wipe the pan dry.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in the wok over med-high heat.
- Add steak and cook, stirring, until browned, 1-3 minutes.
- Stir the reserved sauce and add to the pan; cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly, 1-2 minutes.
- Return the noodles and vegetables to the wok along with the remaining 1/4 cup water; cook, tossing to coat with the sauce, until heated through, about 2 minutes more.
- 381 calories, 8 g fat, 57 g carb, 3 g fiber.