1/1 Photo of Beef Chimichangas
1 hr 10 mins
pickypeanut davis's Note:
I ate a dish similar to this in a resteraunt. I could never find a recipe, so I made up my own. This recipe is almost exact to the one I had in the resteraunt. You can spice it up with peppers, guacomole, or anything else. Any meltable cheese can be used for the sauce. Let me know what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 lb of slow cooked beef, shredded (roast or steak)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 4 -6 large flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- lettuce, shredded
- sour cream
- 1cook meat till tender, then shred.
- 2Place meat in a sauce pan and mix in tomatoes.
- 3Cover and place on low heat.
- 4Cheese sauce: melt margarine in a sauce pan, add onions and saute till transparent.
- 5Stir in flour and allow to thicken.
- 6Slowly add milk.
- 7Stir in cheese cubes,salt, pepper, and dry mustard.
- 8Cook over medium heat, constantly stirring until thickened.
- 9pour in sauce bowl and set aside.
- 10In a large pan heat oil over med.
- 11heat till hot.
- 12wrap some shredded meat mixture in flour tortilla and close securing it with toothpicks.
- 13fry in oil on both sides till golden brown.
- 14Place on a plate, top with cheese sauce, shredded lettuce, and a dollop of sour cream.
- 15repeat till everyone is served.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Chimichangas
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1084.4
- Calories from Fat 568
- Total Fat 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 138.1 mg
- Sodium 2321.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 50.6 g