Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Here is a quick and easy beef chimichanga recipe which is also freezer friendly.
- 1 lb cooked ground beef
- 16 ounces salsa
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1 taco seasoning
- 8 inches flour tortillas
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef and drain excess grease.
- Put beef back in pan and add salsa, beans and taco seasoning.
- Heat on med. low heat until heated through.
- Warm tortillas in microwave or one at a time in non-stick skillet.
- To each tortilla add 1/2 cup meat mixture and a sprinkle of cheese. Wrap each one up.
- To freeze at this point: wrap each chimichunga in piece of foil and place in labeled freezer bag.
- To cook chimichangas: Keep in foil and bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or fry in oil if preferred.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.