Recipe by Miss Meliss
This recipe came from my favorite cookbook. It's called Step by Step cooking; Italian, Mexican and Chinese recipes. Hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 12 flour tortillas (8 in.)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove casing from chorizo. Heat large skillet over high heat until hot. Reduce heat to medium. Brown chorizo 6 to 8 minute.
- Add beef. brown 6 to 8 minute
- Add onion, garlic, and cumin. Cook 4 minute or until onion is soft. Discard fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minute.
- Uncover, increase heat to med. Cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Warm tortillas.
- Place 1/4 cup meat mixture on bottom half of 1 tortilla. Sprinkle with 1 tbs. cheese. Roll up folding the sides inches Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat 1 inches oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Fry 2 or 3 chimichangas at a time for 2 or 3 minute until golden brown on all sides.