Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from my favorite cookbook. It's called Step by Step cooking; Italian, Mexican and Chinese recipes. Hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
- Remove casing from chorizo. Heat large skillet over high heat until hot. Reduce heat to medium. Brown chorizo 6 to 8 minute.
- Add beef. brown 6 to 8 minute
- Add onion, garlic, and cumin. Cook 4 minute or until onion is soft. Discard fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minute.
- Uncover, increase heat to med. Cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Warm tortillas.
- Place 1/4 cup meat mixture on bottom half of 1 tortilla. Sprinkle with 1 tbs. cheese. Roll up folding the sides inches Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat 1 inches oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Fry 2 or 3 chimichangas at a time for 2 or 3 minute until golden brown on all sides.
This is an excellent and easy recipe. Not to mention delicious. I have been making this recipe for 8 years. I have the same cookbook.
A really tasty & easy dish & only a few ingredients. I didn't have tomato sauce, so I used a canned plum tomates which I put through the liquidiser. Can't get Monterey jack cheese in Scotland, but mc Lellands strong cheddar did the trick. I only used a little bit of corn oil to fry the tortillas, but the taste was great.