Prep 15 mins
Cook 32 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) canhot chili beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Pierce potatoes with fork.
- Microwave on HIGH 11-13 minutes or until tender; rotating 1/4 turn after 6 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up into 3/4 inch crumbles.
- Pour off drippings.
- Stir in chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, beans and 1 cup cheese; cook and stir until beated through.
- Cut a slit lengthwise in potatoes; squeeze ends toward center to fluff.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper if desired.
- Spoon equal amounts of beef mixture over each potato.
- Top with remaining cheese and green onions.
- You can also add sour cream on top.
Great recipe for the cash-impaired! :) This was so easy and quick; my husband and I both loved it. Served it w/ a green salad.
Very easy, and Cheap. And for me thats important. It takes all things I have all ready and puts them together. very good! easy easy to make