Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
A delicious, hearty winter meal from Olive Magazine.
Make and share this Beef, Chestnut, and Red Wine Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Cube the beef and dredge it in the seasoned flour.
- Fry the beef in oil over a high heat until browned in a dutch oven.
- Add the onions and keep frying until they start to brown.
- Add the thyme, wine and stock, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 1 hour, lid on.
- Add the carrots and chestnuts, season and cook gently for a further hour, lid off.