- 450 g beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 300 ml beef stock
- 200 g chestnuts, cooked & peeled
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 250 ml red wine
- seasoned flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube the beef and dredge it in the seasoned flour.
- Fry the beef in oil over a high heat until browned in a dutch oven.
- Add the onions and keep frying until they start to brown.
- Add the thyme, wine and stock, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 1 hour, lid on.
- Add the carrots and chestnuts, season and cook gently for a further hour, lid off.