Recipe by ChipotleChick
Delicious pot pie when you want that comforting taste, but not all the hassle! My family thoroughly LOVES this recipe. I hope you do too!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top sirloin steaks, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 8 -10 baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 large yukon gold potatoes or 1 large baking potato, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 9 inch refrigerated pie crust
- 1 can broccoli cheese soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Saute beef and onion in oil until beef is cooked, about 3-6 minutes.
- Boil about 7 cups water in a medium pot, add potatoes and carrots and boil 5 minutes (for firmer veggies, boil 3-4 minutes).
- Whisk soup and milk together, and pour over veggies.
- Bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add meat and onion.
- Stir well.
- Pour mixture into a 9" deep dish pie pan.
- Cut pie crust to fit top, and press edges into the rim of the pan.
- Cut 6 two inch diagonal slits cmoing out from the center of the crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until crust is nicely browned.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.