Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious pot pie when you want that comforting taste, but not all the hassle! My family thoroughly LOVES this recipe. I hope you do too!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top sirloin steaks, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 8 -10 baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 large yukon gold potatoes or 1 large baking potato, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 9 inch refrigerated pie crust
- 1 can broccoli cheese soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Saute beef and onion in oil until beef is cooked, about 3-6 minutes.
- Boil about 7 cups water in a medium pot, add potatoes and carrots and boil 5 minutes (for firmer veggies, boil 3-4 minutes).
- Whisk soup and milk together, and pour over veggies.
- Bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add meat and onion.
- Stir well.
- Pour mixture into a 9" deep dish pie pan.
- Cut pie crust to fit top, and press edges into the rim of the pan.
- Cut 6 two inch diagonal slits cmoing out from the center of the crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until crust is nicely browned.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
This was excellent! I added a can of yellow corn and you could probably throw in some frozen peas too. My husband said it's the best thing I've made recently.
I misread this the first time I made it and thought it was supposed to be a two-crust pie. I also used less milk than specified (about 1/2 cup) and it turned out really well. My husband and son especially liked it.
I wans't so sure about this recipe, so few ingredients, and the broccoli cheese soup was thwowing me off a bit! But, this was a fabulous pot pie. So good and so easy. I actually had some left over "crust in the pan" in the freezer. I put pieces of the broken crust on the bottom then did every thing else like you said. It was Awesome!